When you meet with Carnarvon Funeral Services, discuss with them ideas you have for the funeral service. By adding personal touches you can create a funeral that reflects the unique and special qualities of your loved one.
Here are some suggestions:
- Place some of your loved one’s favorite items on the coffin or nearby.
- Create a picture board with a montage of memorable photographs to be displayed.
- Choose a particular hymn or piece of music that may be special to you or your loved one.
- The floral tribute on top of the coffin may contain flowers that were favourites of the deceased or may have come from their own garden.
Create order of service sheets containing special photo’s, poems, quotes etc. to be handed out at the funeral service.
- During the ceremony project an audio visual tribute (Reflections of a Life DVD containing images of the person’s life).
- Involve any relevant organizations such as the R.S.L., Lions/Rotary, Masonic Lodge etc. (They sometimes have their own short ceremony you can include in the service).
- Prepare a personalized bookmark for mourners to take home as a keepsake after the funeral.
- Include poetry or scripture that may have special significance for you or the person who died.
- Provide a memory book at the after funeral gathering for mourners to write special memories they wish to share.